Excess weight, pain and many other health issues have been linked to being too acidic. Making your body more alkaline (alkalizing) is easy.
Here are the 10 best ways of alkalizing your body for more energy and vitality:
1. Start your day with a large glass of water with the juice of a whole, freshly-squeezed lemon. While lemons may seem acidic, they have the opposite effect on your body and results in alkalizing by counteracting over-acidity.
2. Go for a brisk walk or some other exercise. Exercise helps move acidic waste products so your body can better eliminate them.
3. Breathe deeply. Ideally, choose a spot that has fresh, oxygen-rich air.
4. Drink an almond milk and berry smoothie with added superfoods, like spirulina, chlorella, or other alkalizing greens. Choose almond milk over cow’s milk, since dairy is acid-forming.
5. Eat lots of large green salads tossed in alkalizing lemon juice and olive oil. Greens are among the best sources of alkaline minerals, like calcium.
6. Snack on raw, unsalted almonds. Almonds are very alkalizing, they are packed with natural alkaline minerals like calcium and magnesium, which help to balance out acidity while balancing blood sugar.
7. Go meat-free for a day or longer if you like. The metabolism of meat leaves an acidic residue.
8. Skip sugar-laden dessert or sweet drinks. Sugar is one of the acidic foods we consume. You need over 30 glasses of neutral water just to neutralize the acidity of ONE can of cola.
9. Add more green, red & yellow veggies to your diet. Sweet potatoes are a better choice than white potatoes. Asparagus, squash, peppers, and other vegetables are excellent choices.
10. Add more beansprouts to your daily diet. They are extremely alkalizing and supercharged with nutrients and energy-boosting enzymes.